Monday, March 14, 2011

Devil's Hole Revisited!

After losing Ross Wilberg in Devil's Hole on Mother's Day of 2010, I was determined to figure out the "lay of the land" in this most desolate of areas in the San Rafael Swell.  Devil's Hole is part of our Lady J Land & Livestock winter grazing permit and if Ross can get lost there, so can our cows.  It is an unforgiving region where even the most experienced "desert rats" tread with respect, as there is not much chance of help if you get yourself in trouble. 

I have photographed the far sides (ease and west) of this 3 mile wide region, but the middle portion with the deepest canyons has eluded my camera -- until yesterday.  Of course, when we stumbled into a New Overlook, I had put my good camera in the Truck and only had my cell phone camera to record the event.  I promise better pictures just as soon as I can get back to the desert.

You can share my little moment of Epiphany yesterday at the following link:

No comments:

Post a Comment